School Districts Currently Participating in the "Stay 4" Project®
"Stay 4" is a program designed to identify, help, and retain students who demonstrate the ability to succeed, yet are considered to be at risk of dropping out of high school. Upon completion of the "Stay 4" criteria, high school graduation, and enrollment in a trade school, community college, or four-year university, students will be awarded a minimum $1,000 grant from Great Plains LIFE Foundation to support their continuing efforts.
The "Stay 4" Selection Process
- The selected school districts will be responsible for choosing those students who they believe have the aptitude and potential to succeed but for a variety of reasons are also at risk for dropping out of high school.
- Students selected for the "Stay 4" Project ® must qualify for the National School Lunch Program (Free & Reduced-Priced Meals).
- Students will be selected entering their junior year in High School.
- Following the student's selection, the Great Plains LIFE Foundation will meet with the student and counselor to discuss the "Stay 4" Project ® criteria and responsibilities.
Students selected for the "Stay 4" Project ® must understand and be responsible for fulfilling the following requirements:
- Meet with their counselor twice during the school year to ensure they are staying on track.
- Retain a minimum semester grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 grading scale, or a 3.0 on a 5.0 grading scale.
- Participate in at least 1 extra-curricular school activity during each school year.
- Provide 10 hours of community service (outside of school) during the junior year AND 10 hours of community service during the senior year, complete community service form, and submit it to Great Plains LIFE Foundation.
- Attend 1 or more of the 2 Successful Student Workshops at Illinois State University (Transportation & all expenses will be provided).
- Meet with Illinois Student Assistance Corps (ISAC) representatives in their school at least once per semester.
Bloomington District #87
Champaign Unit District #44
Decatur District #61
McLean County Unit District #5
Peoria District #150
Regional Alternative School
Rockford District #205
Urbana District #116
Staying. . . IN
Dropping. . . OUT
Why "Stay 4"
Not Part of the OUT Crowd
Congratulations to our graduates! We are beyond proud of each and every one of you.
Black Hawk College
University of Illinois
University of Houston
Norhtern Illinois University
University of Chicago
University of IL - Springfield
Southern Illinois University
Arizona State University
Robert Morris University
Illinois State University
Western Illinois University
Rock Valley College
Eastern Illinois University
Lincoln Land College
University of Louisville
University of Missouri
University of Southern Indiana
Rend Lake College
Colleges where our former "Stay 4" students are or have attending. Once enrolled, your college will be added to this list:
If YOU would like to make a difference with the "Stay 4" Project, or have any comments/suggestions let us know!
Fill out the form below, email email@example.com, or call (309)828-3406
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."